Smuggly is a screen saver that displays random SmugMug photos from a set of user configured categories, galleries, and user portfolios.
To install Smuggly:
- Download the Smuggly Installer
- Unzip the file and run setup.exe
- InstallSmuggly.msi will not install the required frameworks
- Displays different photos to each monitor or blacks out all but the primary screen
- Add all of a user's photos, all of the photos in a user's category, all of the photo's in a gallery or individual photos
- Authenticate with SmugMug to see private galleries
- Customize the maximum disk space that the screen saver can use
- Will be open sourced under the MIT license
- Operating System
- Windows XP, Vista, or 7
- Smuggly will NOT run on virtual machines
Here are a few users we enjoy:
- volaris (lane@…)
- ekarulf (erik@…)
- Find some users that have photos you like from the most popular photos on SmugMug
- Why does Smuggly crash when it starts and I am not logged in?
- See the detailed explanation and fix.
- Why do I get the error "System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework, Version=22.214.171.124..."?
- Can I run Smuggly in a virtual machine?
- At this time Smuggly will not work in most virtual machines. This is caused by XNA throwing an exception if Direct3D is not enabled for the graphics adapter. Smuggly is not currently using any 3D features so a workaround is trying to be found. To easily check if Direct3D is enabled run the dxdiag utility and look at the bottom of the display tabs under "DirectX Features."
- Why do I see images from items I removed when Smuggly starts?
- Images are downloaded to the specified cache folder. When Smuggly starts it pulls images from that folder so that you don't have wait while it downloads new images. Smuggly will eventually prune orphaned images out of the cache. If you really don't want to see the image immediately, go to the cache folder and delete it.
- Why do I see repeat images so often when I first run Smuggly?
- Smuggly only uses images that have already been downloaded. This causes repeats to show up more often if only a few images have downloaded so far.
Bugs / Feature Requests
News and Announcements
- Smuggly 1.1
- Feeds can be added as media sources
- Improved item adding dialog
- Option to prevent stretching added
- Slideshow speed is more customizeable
- Bug Fix: icon appears up in add/remove programs
- Bug Fix: settings title is now correct
- Bug Fix: prevents crashing in virtual machines
- Bug Fix: prevents the "System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework, Version=126.96.36.199..." from being thrown despite the application already calling Application.Exit
- Bug Fix: checks folder permissions when setting cache path
- Bug Fix: properly handles DeviceLostException and DeviceNotResetException
- Bug Fix: worker threads have been set as background threads to decrease exit time
- Bug Fix: no longer installs itself as the logon screensaver